Two in particular stood out for me for the bravery of their topic choice. One was from Hamish about racism and how he has been bullied because of the colour of his skin and where he comes from. This gave me goosebumps! Rosie spoke of the importance of gay equality and same sex marriage. Her speech was presented brilliantly and the audience was totally convinced.
Paris won for Year 8 with her speech about NZ prisons, and Louie won for Year 7 with a speech about real exercise rather than using technology.
Our students are now bursting to get writing their speeches for next term's competition. They are to be 2-3mins long, aim to inform or persuade, and be loosely based upon something related to Earthly Eco Warriors.
What amazing young people we are helping to create at St Martins School.
those kids were so good at there speeches and Paris did really well I'm going to do mine on deep sea oil drilling.
ReplyDeleteI agree they were all amazing but I'm still not sure what I'll do mine on:)
DeleteYeah I really love all of them, they were amazing!!
ReplyDelete