Monday, 25 May 2015

Who Has Seen The Wind?

Check out the growing quality of our vocabulary!

Rebecca
A brush of coldness
Passes by my cheek
Sending shivers down my spine.

A handful of branches tapping on the window
Fragile fingers knocking on the door
Thunder rattling my roof
A flash of brightness, gone in seconds.

 https://alanfadling.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/the-wind-carries-dandelion.jpg

Isabella
A solitary leaf
Hangs by a thread
As it slowly sways in the wind
Slender bones become weaker
Helpless.

The wind caresses my cheek
Wrapping me in its wings
As if guarding
I feel safe
As it slowly fades.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/112/283164573_6d73f47025.jpg

Finn
 It blows the tree off balance
Coiling itself around the sturdy trunk
Soft leaves descend from the spiked vines
Leaving a deserted, barely standing tree.

Bombarding against my numbing cheeks
Intruding my body, rushing down my spine
Forcing me back
As it turns into a peaceful whistle.

http://www.infinergy.co.uk/downloads/tree.bmp

Holly W
As the wind strokes my cheek
And my hair dangles through the wind
I shiver.

The wind whistles at my window
And bangs at my door
The door creaks as it is left open
It streams through my bedroom
And scratches my spine.

Wind Wallpaper

Fritha
Leaves tremble against darkening skies
Eddying to their grave
Revealing a naked skeleton
Waving its boney limbs.

Frozen fingertips
Slide down my spine
Sending shivers
That seep into my skin.

https://wordifull.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/leaf-in-wind.jpg

Dilkee
Leaves eddying to the ground
While wind flows by
An unexpected gust of wind
Accompanied by a touch of icy fingers
Scratching my cheek
Drawing blood.

An unexpected flurry
Whistles past my head
As the wind rides its way past
Kissing my cheek.


http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/113/b/4/i_am_a_leaf_on_the_wind___watch_how_i_soar_by_jasonmcmahon76-d4xdkrh.jpg

Isaac P
As cold darts hit me
A chill slivers down my spine
Goosebumps bombard me.

Trees swaying from side to side
Leaves caress to the ground
To a gentle breeze.


https://0.s3.envato.com/files/9728724/590.jpg

Stella
Lonesome it blows, spreading its sorrows
Whistling through leaves
Almost making them chime.

Icicle fingers freezing everything in its reach
Grasses stop blowing
Leaves cluster and malet beneath my feet
As I walk along the street I freeze
Frost bitten, I stand there
Shivering in the night.

http://cdn-wac.emirates247.com/polopoly_fs/1.424284.1319001405!/image/2737274333.jpg

Leo
A gentle breeze rolls through my hair
A light gale caresses my cheek
Bitter wind chills my spine
Winter blasts numb my feet.

Skeletal tapping fill the air
Whistling air currents alert the creatures of the night
Cold fingers strip the air of warmth
Leaves eddy earthward.

 http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette_impact/photo/9188828-large.jpg

Kayla
The wind brushes past my face
Trembling the leaves
A shiver gets sent through my body.

Leaves eddy to the ground
Howling wind picks up
Banging against my clattering window
Slapping my face.

 http://www.iphonehdwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/images/9641-tree-in-wind-iphone-hd-wallpaper_640x960.jpg

Isabella L
It clutches my hand
As it creeps up my spine
I turn and walk on.

The leaves eddy to the ground
But just as I walk
I feel something
I touch my head.

https://thecrystaliris.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/dsc_6743.jpg

Dom
It howls, whipping my face
Blasting leaves into a hurricane
Skeletal branches bang my window
THe wind is coming.

Knife-like fingers scratch my cheek
Trees bow low, nearly snapping
Branches fly like spears
As the wind strangles me.

 http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~alice/explorations/churchill/GRAPHICS/LANDSCAPE/hb_krumholtz_wo.jpg

Cara
It touches my face gently
Only to feel a cold breeze
Climb down my spine
I shiver.

The wind blows my hair
Leaving a trail of leaves
Eddying to the ground
Where they stay, undisturbed.

 Ginko Leaves On The Ground In Autumn HD wallpaper for Standard 4:3 5:4 Fullscreen UXGA XGA SVGA QSXGA SXGA ; Wide 16:10 5:3 Widescreen WHXGA WQXGA WUXGA WXGA WGA ; HD 16:9 High Definition WQHD QWXGA 1080p 900p 720p QHD nHD ; Other 3:2 DVGA HVGA HQVGA devices ( Apple PowerBook G4 iPhone 4 3G 3GS iPod Touch ) ; Mobile VGA WVGA iPhone iPad PSP Phone - VGA QVGA Smartphone ( PocketPC GPS iPod Zune BlackBerry HTC Samsung LG Nokia Eten Asus ) WVGA WQVGA Smartphone ( HTC Samsung Sony Ericsson LG Vertu MIO ) HVGA Smartphone ( Apple iPhone iPod BlackBerry HTC Samsung Nokia ) Sony PSP Zune HD Zen ; Tablet 2 Android ; Dual 4:3 5:4 16:10 5:3 16:9 UXGA XGA SVGA QSXGA SXGA WHXGA WQXGA WUXGA WXGA WGA WQHD QWXGA 1080p 900p 720p QHD nHD ;

Lucia
Standing still
A tickle of wind
Touches my limbs
Leaves eddying down.

Tip tap on the neighbour's roof
My limbs snap
And fall to the ground.

http://silverford.com/blog//wp-content/uploads/2012/02/castlederg-tree3.jpg

Georgia
I'm instantly swallowed up by fingers of ice
Souls beckoning for a friend.

The last leaf eddys to the ground
To reveal the skeleton of a loan tree
Waiting for his limbs to crash to the grave of water.


http://fox41blogs.typepad.com/.a/6a0148c78b79ee970c0154361f853e970c-800wi

Bruno
The wind caresses against my cheek
Sending shivers down my spine
Numbing me to the core.

Fingers of ice rip a solitary seedling
Out of the ground
Only to perish
Under the cloud of wind.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/1-cloud-formations-mary-van-de-ven.jpg

Grace
Icy fingers caress my skin
Tickling down my spine
Coldness settles around me
Leaving me deserted.

An unexpected gust of wind
Whistles through the air
Trees bow their heads
Trapped.



http://www.richardalois.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wind-tree.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Georgia Georgia Georgia wow is all I can say when I read your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing writing! You paint such vivid pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poem Isabella p especially a single leaf hangs by a thread

    ReplyDelete