Thursday, 30 April 2015

The Press Competition

After our trip to The Press this morning, the acting editor, Sean, has offered the children of 98StrongStreet a unique opportunity...

To write an article to be published in The Press.
  • You have a limit of 450 words.
  • Your deadline is Thursday May 14.
Jo Malcolm will have the final say in selecting the winning piece of writing.

The Press readers want to hear your personal hopes and dreams for the future of Christchurch.

Here are a few things to think about...

  • What do you want to see in the central city when you are 15?
  • Do you want to only be able to cycle in the city?
  • Do you want a fast train from the airport?
  • Do you want more people living in the city?
  • What sort of green spaces would you want created?
  • What type of opportunities would you like for young people?
  • What do you want your school to look like?
  • What sort of transport do you want?
  • What sports stadiums do you want in ChCh?
  • Would there need to be a theme park?
  • What accommodation would attract tourists?
  • How should our coastline be highlighted?
  • What should happen to our rivers?
  • What environmental initiatives would you like?
  • What would bring you into our city???
  • How bright and vibrant should your city be?
We suggest you don't think about too many ideas to include in your writing. You need to articulate your ideas clearly, but your personal voice needs to come through really strongly.

We are really excited about many of you entering. Good luck writers!!!


8 comments:

  1. :) Jessica F30/04/2015, 16:27

    I'm really looking forward to writing this article and if I'm lucky I might get it in the press :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going to the press.........I think I'm going to writ something in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really want to do the competition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same I'm deffentelydeffently entering

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Jessica F02/05/2015, 13:48

    It's so cool that the press is offering a chance to be in the newspaper how cool would that be

    ReplyDelete
  6. how many words does yours have Duncan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. just hit 206 words in my entry how about you guys?

    ReplyDelete