Monday, 19 October 2015

Sounds

This morning we wrote a shared poem that began with pleasant sounds and ended up as a mystery story!!

Jaksyn
Splash as the waves throw themselves against the shore
Sending tears of joy through the air
Squawks of seagulls fill the air as the savages squawk for food
The screams of hundreds of children playing
The sun glazing down on my face
I hear the waves' laughter
And I pause and smile.

 http://st.depositphotos.com/1001102/2532/i/950/depositphotos_25329987-Crashing-waves-on-the-beach-shore.jpg

The Enormous Mouth
Yusi
I trudge to the opening
I stare
Gaping at the monstrous figure
It stares back
Mouthing back at me
Beckoning me to enter his enormous mouth
I feel inquisitive
I trudge into the dark misty entrance
My feet travel on their unexpected journey
My torch starts to fade
I turn around
The entrance has shut
I am trapped
Suddenly two eyes stare at me and run away
A chill runs up my spine.


http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/5/5d/Cave.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120509191432

 The Unlit Pathway
Cara
Echoes of water dripping
Bouncing off the walls
The unlit pathway beckons me'I begin to walk.

A shadow appears, towering over me
I cover my face
Waiting for something to happen
Nothing.

 http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/010/cache/lava-tube-cave_1036_600x450.jpg

Nature's Pathway
Jessica H
The sweet song of a solitary bird
Winding through the towering trees
Dissolving into silence.

Leaves rustle under feet
As an evening stroll takes place
The chatter of voices fills the air.

The splash of a drop of rain
Slipping through a thick wall of leaves
Into the water, sending ripples astray.

The soft thud of a nut
Falling from ripeness
A tiny patter of feet
As a squirrel rushes to scoop it up
Treasuring it.

The pleasant sound of silence
Filling the air with peace
As I close my eyes
To take in the moments of pure happiness
And let them be stored in my soul
Forever.

 http://static1.squarespace.com/static/559a6ae7e4b04425d942c9df/t/559aae39e4b03cf942e4f6cf/1436200505880/948210-tangerine-forest.jpg

Annabel
My echo travels down the misty valley
COnstantly repeating
The howling winds
Disrupt unending birdsongs.

The whizzing of birds overhead land
To trample on the crunchy snow
Then take off to leave a solitary bird.

Grey miserable clouds loom
In the darkening sky
Warning me
Something is coming.   

 

The Monster's Mouth
Finley
I tremble as I enter the unlit pathway
My torch making the only light
The sound of crumbling rocks
Exploding at my feet.

As the cave grows deeper
The sounds start to increase
The screaming of the bats
Make me shiver.

Suddenly my torch flickers and goes out
Leaving me alone
I know it is my end
So I walk helplessly to my doom.

 http://12yjk6147tli2aeyn3tmsglg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pak-ou-caves-7-1024x768.jpg

Imagine
Rebecca
A chill runs down my spine
My life hanging in suspense, I'm the one
"Boom", I'm off, into Deathlake Forest.

Sounds whizzing round and round my mind.
The pitter patter of rain echoing around my imagination
The constant howl of invisible wind
The endless whistle of the solitary bird
The rustling leaves amongst the damp trees
The heavy footsteps, too loud to be fake...

They're alive, my imagination has come to life
The rain, the wind, the birds, the leaves
The footsteps are loud, too loud to be a person...

 http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/blogs/dnews-files-2013-04-footsteps-660-jpg.jpg
     

5 comments:

  1. Well done 98StrongStreet! Amazing poems everyone! WOW Jessica H you have set the bar so high, I don't think anyone can beat your amazing poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAURENT.E!!!19/10/2015, 17:56

    I think Jaksyn did amazing. I love when he said ''I hear waves laughter.''

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Jessica H, you made Mr Callgham proud and I really like Jaksyns, it's probably his best poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stella😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁19/10/2015, 18:46

    Wow 98ss you guys are true poets. Miss Saxon and Miss Rait must be amazed at what you can do.
    Jessica your poem is truly unbelievable it sounds like a adapt poet had worked on it for months.
    Well done you should be super proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the bit in Finley poem when ,"So I walk helpless to my doom" It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete