Thursday, 26 February 2015

Why Do We Want You To Read To Us?

Mya "Because it helps us to learn to read, because you help us learn how to pronounce words."
"You can give me a break from reading and I still get the same understandings and benefits."

Isaac "Because it is nice and we can follow along while you read to us."
"If there is a story that looks a bit too hard but I want to read it, mum or dad can start it and give me an idea of what it is going to be about."

Isabella "It helps us with our vocabulary, there might be a word that we don't understand and you can explain it to us."
"It's bonding time for me and whoever is reading to me."

Bruno "If it is a really hard book that I can't read on my own, you can read it and help me to understand what it is about."
"When they read to me I can learn a lot more than when I read it by myself. We can have discussions about things that we have read."

Lucia "It helps me to enjoy books more as I don't have to concentrate quite so much and can just enjoy it."

Jessica "You can teach me how to use expression in my reading by using funny voices and helping me learn how to do them."

Dilkee "When my parents read to me, they read it in a different way to the way I read it."
"Sometimes it helps my parents learn new things too."

Cara "Instead of my reading it, while my parents are reading it, I can predict what is going to happen."

http://images.wisegeek.com/dad-reading-with-two-children.jpg



1 comment:

  1. WOW - Really valid opinions on the topic! You guys are so mature! You sound like adults!
    R.H

    ReplyDelete