Monday, 23 February 2015

Colours

We were challenged to show not tell, and to elaborate our ideas today in our writing.

Sam

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Green is the crunch of leaves
As I sprint through the forest
Orange is like the taste of orange juice
Running down my chin
BLue is like wind
As it blows past me
White is like the snow
Falling down silently
Red is like the feeling of a fireplace
In a warm hut in winter
Purple is like a flute
Playing a slow song.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081122191049/dofus/images/d/db/Flute.png

Annabel

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Red is the firey sun
Which is scorching my back
Blue is fresh crystal clear water
Coming down from a waterfall
Yellow is the colour of noise
When friends get together
Green is the smell of the start of spring
When the grass is fresh
Orange is the colour or a fresh orange
Which drizzles down my chin
Grey is the colour of thunder
That rules the sky.

 http://hdwallweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/11/Waterfall-Wallpapers-Images.jpg

Toby

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Red is an invisible flame
Burning my fingers
Green is the rustling leaves
As I flee from the falling trees
Purple is a flute
Playing a slow song
BLue is the ocean
Flowing through my toes
White is a Ferrari
Going as fast as it can go
Orange is a boxing glove
Knocking someone out.

 http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/ItemImages/000058/58301a_lg.jpeg

Isabella

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Red is a petal slowly eddying to the ground
BLue is a snowflake melting in the gaze of the sun
Green is the sound of the howling wind brushing against the bushes
Yellow is the sun reflecting off the ocean
Orange is the succulent taste of freshly picked fruit
White is an adventure beyond eyesight.

 http://img.bhs4.com/A3/D/A3D8DC61583B50805967A53A7C18215979023C17_lis.jpg


Finn

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Black like the core of your heart
The bold, vibrant red is a flame reaching towards me
Grey is the colour of empty sadness that leaves you alone
Blue is being engulfed by the ocean
Brown is the anticipating flavour of chocolate dissolving on your tongue
Purple is the sound of lightning crackling overhead
White is the peaceful, relaxing colour on a hot summer's day.

http://www.whmentors.org/rpic/lightning001a.jpg


Ben

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Yellow is a sour taste of lemon that lays on my tongue
Blue is the colour of sadness and tears that fill the air
Green is the leaves drifting down to earth
Red is the flavour of hot chili on a cold day
White is a warm, cozy blanket
Pink is a petal twirling down to the ground.

 http://www.way-of-tao.com/media/evolutionary%20forces/leaf_water_drop_tui.jpg

Lucia

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Yellow is the gleaming sun burning through my spine.
Orange is sour juice settling on my tongue
And red is like blood oozing out of my body once a knife cuts in
Pink is like a big warm heart squishing me tight
Green is a twig of mint you taste at night
I think grey must be the weather on a cold gloomy day, trapping me in its weather trap.
And white is a blank thinking space where feathers and fluff bundle you in.

 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Rainbow_02.jpg

Isabella L

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Why red is the invisible flame creeping up my back
Pink is like a blush of a rose on my cheek
Yellow is sand dunes creeping over me and surrounding me with mysterious noises
Blue is the water flowing over my feet
Orange is like a pile of leaves crunching as I spring into it
Green is the rustle of the leaves as I flee from the falling trees
Brown as the twigs spread around the ground.
White is a peaceful silence drifting over me.

 http://www.mrwallpaper.com/wallpapers/forest-trees-waterfall.jpg

Keegan

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Red is the desert hitting the sand and burning my feet
Yellow is the colour of a warm safe place around me
White is like the frost sticking to grass
Blue is a waterfall trickling up not down
Green is like the smell of nature
Purple is the lightning crashing over my head.

 http://cosmicconvergence.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Stock-Lightning-stock-17004503-1280-800.jpg

Stella

 
I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Red is the evening fire grabbing at your fingers
Orange is the sound of autumn leaves flying through the forest
Blue is like the snow melting on the tip of my nose
White is a piece of paper waiting for someone to write on it
Yellow hugs you when you're small and silent
Black comes and knocks on your door and when you open it your soul fills with evil
Green is the feeling of seaweed clutching your legs and pulling you down to the depths of the sea.

http://www.burkewilliamsspa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/seaweed.jpg


Mya

 
I asked the little boy who cannot see
"And what is colour like?"
"I find that red is a warrior setting off for war
Braveness bursting out of his chest."
"Orange is flickering flames grabbing for my fingertips", he gasped.
"And yellow is happiness twirling around, bouncing off one another,
Green is grass clippings wafting up my nose,
Blue I think is coldness freezing me to the bone,
Well purple is hard, but I see purple as stillness and shadows in the alleyways."

 http://www.scotthaskinsphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/365-Day-photography-experiment.jpg

 Cara

I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Black is the colour of hatred as it surrounds me
Grey is the colour of dark clouds drifting above
Purple you say, purple is the sound of silence and stillness
Blue is the rich colour of blueberries squirting into my mouth
Green is the colour of crisp leaves fading away to Autumn
Red id blod and still as a flame touches and sinks into my skin
Orange is the colour of emerging sunlight glistening on the surface of the sea
Gold is the taste of caramel drowning inside my mouth
White is the colour of tranquilness walking into my room.

 http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/146/e/9/white_room_stage_by_loveismymuse-d517wc6.jpg

Grace

 
I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Blue is the touch of the ocean
When your fingers get swallowed up by water
Yellow is warm and safe
Where your anger turns to laughter
Green is freshly cut lawn clippings
Sticking to your shoes
Orange is the rays of the sun
Scorching and itching your body
Black is a dark cave
Where anger bubbles up until it bursts out worse than ever
White is an empty space
Where you clear your mind of worries.

 http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/13/article-2558814-1B72D89700000578-101_964x483.jpg

Fritha

 
I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Why red, said he
Is the invisible fingers dancing in a forest
Orange is the crunch of leaves
As you scramble through them
Yellow is the feel of warmness creeping up your spine
Green is like mown grass flying in the air and descending to the ground
Blue is the sea crashing against rocks
Pink must be petals eddying off a tree
Purple is the sound of people whispering in the darkness of night
Brown is like warm chocolate melting in your mouth
Black is the dead of night haunting your thoughts.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/072/8/5/dark_night_by_rad_wulf-d5xx0pd.jpg


Grace

 
I asked the little boy who cannot see
And what is colour like?
Why red, said he
Is a bright flame blazing up from the fire
Orange is the shining sun, gazing down on me
Warming my skin
Green is the brush of soft grass on my skin
Blue is the whip of cold ocean water splashing over me
Purple is the crack of thunder, scaring me
Yellow is a safe and warm space where I can hide
White is a frosty silence, surrounding me in the middle of the night.

 https://img0.etsystatic.com/007/0/6351305/il_340x270.405987456_ozla.jpg

3 comments:

  1. awesome poems Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing! (Lucia...Mum will print a copy to add to your treasure box. Very proud of your work.) Well done to both the both the children and teachers in rooms 8 & 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all there all so creative

    ReplyDelete