Digital safety and
responsible use
agreement
It is important that you understand and follow these guidelines. Please keep this sheet so you can refer to it later
The school had made digital tools available to enhance learning. It is everybody’s responsibility to be aware of and follow these safety guidelines.
If these guidelines are not followed and damage occurs, the school reserves the right to charge for the repair of damaged equipment and/or for the technician time taken to repair the damage.
These are the rules I must follow:
It is important that you understand and follow these guidelines. Please keep this sheet so you can refer to it later
The school had made digital tools available to enhance learning. It is everybody’s responsibility to be aware of and follow these safety guidelines.
If these guidelines are not followed and damage occurs, the school reserves the right to charge for the repair of damaged equipment and/or for the technician time taken to repair the damage.
These are the rules I must follow:
-
I cannot use the Internet at school without signing and handing in this
Agreement. This Agreement is referred to on a regular basis in
classrooms.
-
I will only use school digital equipment and technologies as tools to
support my learning.
-
It is important to keep safe while using the Internet, email and other
technologies. This means I must follow the school’s Digital Safety
Guidelines.
-
The only time I can use the Internet or other online tools at school is
when a teacher or adult is supervising me.
-
At school, if I am sending emails or other digital communication (e.g. to
the school’s intranet, a blog, wiki or podcast), I must get my teachers
approval first. If I am emailing people outside of school, I must copy my
teacher into the email.
-
I am not allowed to try and look up or search for things on the Internet
that I know are not for children. This could include material involving
violence, swearing, rudeness, or things that may be against the law. I must
inform an adult immediately if I accidently or deliberately come across
anything that might not be safe or appropriate.
-
If I am using digital equipment in the any area of the school, I must inform
the supervising adult/staff member what I am doing before I begin.
-
When using the Internet and other communication technologies, such as
emails, blogs, mobile phones, podcasts, wikis, etc., I must not do anything
that may hurt or offend anyone, even as a joke.
-
All my communication must be appropriate and relevant to my learning.
My language must not be disrespectful, offensive, abusive, dangerous, or
inappropriate in any way. This includes any web sites I use outside of
school time where I am recording information about my learning. Other
children, any teachers, or the school.
10. I must follow these rules when I bring any digital equipment or
technology into the school governed (e.g. mobile phones, PDAs, etc.). I must follow these rules when I am using outside the school any digital technologies that belong to the school.
11. I agree that I will respect and take care of our digital equipment by:
children, any teachers, or the school.
10. I must follow these rules when I bring any digital equipment or
technology into the school governed (e.g. mobile phones, PDAs, etc.). I must follow these rules when I am using outside the school any digital technologies that belong to the school.
11. I agree that I will respect and take care of our digital equipment by:
-
Keeping all food and drink away from digital equipment.
-
Only using software /apps that have been approved by the teaching
following the school’s guidelines.
-
Not copying any software
-
Following copyright laws.
-
Using any passwords or logins provided by the school appropriately,
following the User Agreement for that website or tool (Google docs,
dashboard, EDMODO, Wikis etc.)
-
Only print with the permission of my teacher. I will check the print
preview before printing.
12. I will be considerate of other users by:
-
Keeping all my communication with digital tools appropriate and
respectful.
-
Sharing the use of equipment.
-
Ensuring I do not experiment with or disrupt the computer of the school
network.
-
Immediately telling the nearest adult if I accidentally come across
dangerous, mean, rude or confusing material. I will not show it or pass it on to any other students. I will then immediately quit any software programmes I am using.
13. I will be responsible and look after myself and others by:
-
Not giving anyone on the internet information about myself or others –
this includes addresses, photos, names, phone numbers or banking
details.
-
Not writing my personal details into any website, email, blog, podcast or
other communication technology without permission from my teacher.
-
Telling a teacher or adult if I come across any problems or if I am not
feeling safe.
I understand that if I break this agreement in any way I may lose the right to use the internet and digital equipment at school. As well. The school may inform my parent/caregiver and there may be consequences for my actions.
In order to keep children safe at school, the school’s responsibility is to:
-
Maintain adequate security measures to protect the school digital
environment by using a Ministry of Education approved firewall
monitoring service.
-
To communicate the guidelines and procedures to parents and children
so that they are clearly understood and followed. These guidelines are
clearly displayed and referred to in a classroom as well as on the school
web site wiki.
-
Follow rigorous procedures when these guidelines are not followed, or
mistakes are made.
-
Provide resources to support parents and children so they can do
everything to keep themselves and others safe when using digital
technologies. These are available via the school web site / wiki.
Use of student and parent email addresses, images, audio and video...
-
St Martins School will never share parent/caregiver email addresses or
information to outside parties without prior consent.
-
St Martins School publishes only children’s first names on the school
website . wiki, blogs, podcasts, etc.
-
On some printed publications (e.g. newsletters, sport results), we publish
the first and last names of students and parents.
-
We also publish images and audio / video of students learning on the
school website , class wikis, and in blogs and other communication tools.
Or
Please read with your child carefully so that you and your child understands the terms of this agreement
Sign: Date:
It was good to know about the dangers of online and social games now I know what to do :)
ReplyDeleteYeah (Miss May you are a very good cyber safety teacher!)
DeleteI agree it's good to know about the dangers of the internet
DeleteIt was really interesting!
ReplyDeleteYou should also be careful in minecraft cause people might blow up the thing you made
ReplyDeleteI will tell my brother that :)
Delete