Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Speeches, speeches, speeches

During the holidays our super students will be writing their speeches. They will persuade, inform or entertain us. They are to be 2-3mins long and are judged on the following criteria.

Mya is doing her speech on Malala.
Finley is doing his on poaching.
Stella is doing hers on deep sea oil drilling.
Toby is doing his on Nelson Mandela.
Holly is doing hers on animal cruelty.
Duncan is doing his on false advertising.
Flo is doing hers on pests.
Dom is doing his on animal testing.
Charlie is doing his on smoking.
Bruno is doing his on poaching.
Annabel is doing hers on deforestation.
Cara is doing hers on smoke.
Holly is doing hers on deforestation.
Sam is doing his on animal cruelty.
Jess is doing hers on child poverty.
Yusi is doing his on battery hens.

Peer/Self/ Teacher Speech Assessment

 
Delivery
Rarely
Sometimes
Usually
Almost always
Projects voice to the back of the audience




Clear speech





Vocal expression





Good speed





Makes eye contact





Uses gestures which are appropriate to the speech




Posture is relaxed and confident




Engages the audience with questions




Uses facial expression
















Content
Good
Very good
Excellent
Absolutely brilliant
Good opening - hooks the audience




Content is well organized and easy to follow




Good closing – links speech together




Idea for speech is suited to the Year 5/6 audience




3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I cant wait to hear some amazing speeches I'm doing mine on Free range chickens:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for it 😉😉😀 I going to try really hard😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait maybe this will be my year ;) I'm doing mine on warrior women

    ReplyDelete